|Place made||United Kingdom|
First World War, 1914-1918
Next of Kin plaque : Private E W Larson, 13 Battalion, AIF
Next of kin plaque showing Britannia and a lion together with the words 'HE DIED FOR FREEDOM AND HONOUR'. The name of the dead man 'ERIC WILLIAM LARSON' is in relief within a raised rectangle.
History / Summary
Sent to the family of Eric William Larson who was born at Woollahra, NSW in 1888. He was working as a plumber when he enlisted in the AIF at Sydney on 22 December 1915, aged 27. Larson received the service number 5119 and embarked as a private with the 16th Reinforcements to 13 Infantry Battalion. He died on 9 February 1917 as a result of wounds received near Flers and is buried in the St Sever Cemetery, Rouen. His younger brother, Sidney Oscar Larson, who served with 8 Battalion, was later killed in action at Broodseinde on 4 October 1917.
Share this page
- PORTRAIT OF 5119 PRIVATE ERIC WILLIAM LARSON, 13TH BATTALION, DIED OF WOUNDS 1917-02-09.
- PORTRAIT OF 6789 PRIVATE SIDNEY OSCAR LARSON, 8TH BATTALION, KILLED IN ACTION 1917-10-04.
- Next of Kin plaque : Private S O Larson, 8 Battalion, AIF
- British War Medal 1914-20 : Private S O Larson, 8 Battalion, AIF
- Victory Medal : Private S O Larson, 8 Battalion, AIF
- British War Medal 1914-20 : Private E W Larson, 13 Battalion, AIF
- Victory Medal : Private E W Larson, 13 Battalion, AIF