|Place made||United Kingdom|
|Date made||c 1920|
First World War, 1914-1918
Victory Medal : Private S O Larson, 8 Battalion, AIF
Victory Medal. Impressed around edge with recipient's details.
History / Summary
Awarded to Sidney Oscar Larson who was born at Dulwich Hill, NSW in 1893. He was working as an orchardist when he enlisted in the AIF at Yanco, NSW on 31 July 1916, aged 22. Larson received the service number 6789 and embarked as a private with the 22nd Reinforcements to 8 Infantry Battalion. He was killed on 4 October 1917 during the attack on Broodseinde Ridge, Belgium, and has no known grave. His older brother, Eric William Larson, who served with 13 Battalion, had previously died of wounds received at Flers on 9 February 1917.
Share this page
- PORTRAIT OF 5119 PRIVATE ERIC WILLIAM LARSON, 13TH BATTALION, DIED OF WOUNDS 1917-02-09.
- PORTRAIT OF 6789 PRIVATE SIDNEY OSCAR LARSON, 8TH BATTALION, KILLED IN ACTION 1917-10-04.
- Next of Kin plaque : Private S O Larson, 8 Battalion, AIF
- Next of Kin plaque : Private E W Larson, 13 Battalion, AIF
- British War Medal 1914-20 : Private E W Larson, 13 Battalion, AIF
- Victory Medal : Private E W Larson, 13 Battalion, AIF