|Object type||Personal Equipment|
|Place made||United States of America|
|Date made||c 2005|
Green cyalume light stick : Chief Petty Officer S Eades, HMAS Toowoomba
Unopened and unused green cyalume six inch long 'glow stick'. Both ends of the container are crushed and show signs of being immersed in some form of liquid.
This green cyalume light stick is associated with the service of Chief Petty Officer (CPO) Shayne Eades who served onboard HMAS Toowoomba during Operation Catalyst in 2007.
He was posted to HMAS Toowoomba on 24 August 2006. His category onboard this ship at the time was CPO Marine Technician where his role was to be in charge of maintaining refrigeration units, air-conditioning units, cooling water pumps for the engine rooms, galley equipment including ovens, fry pans and deep fat fryers. He was also second in command for refuelling the ship while at sea with Coalition ships.
Cyalume sticks are commonly known as 'glow sticks' and have many practical applications within a military environment. This can include emergency lighting, to mark particular areas for hazards or to used as a lantern. This brand and type of cyalume stick have a finite lifetime of approximately six to twelve hours.
Share this page
- Pair of black Blundstone boots : Chief Petty Officer S Eades, HMAS Toowoomba
- Pair of grey combat coveralls : Chief Petty Officer S Eades, HMAS Toowoomba
- Washing bag : Chief Petty Officer S Eades, HMAS Toowoomba
- Web belt with emergency equipment : Chief Petty Officer S Eades, HMAS Toowoomba
- Baseball cap : Chief Petty Officer S Eades, HMAS Toowoomba