Crowds dancing, Kings Cross, Sydney
On VE Day Friend went in search of revelry, only to be disappointed. However, the following evening he found “an amazing scene”.
When I got home I made drawings of it … I’m afraid the war art people will loathe them. I guess they’ll dislike all my stuff: it’s probably destined to moulder for a century or so in the cellars until some subsequent war unearths it as antique bellicose curiosa or “a superb national heritage” or something.
- The sleeping soldier
- Battle of Arakan, 1943
- Recruit's Progress: Medical Inspection
- Potato Peelers
- Tocumwal - loading the train
- Dream of the latrine sitter
- A Bofors Gun, Algiers
- 2/10th Australian Commando Squadron: wash and clean up
- Smoko time with the AWLA
- Early Morning P.T.
- CWAC Beauty Parlor #1
Pegi Nicol MacLeod
- Ballet of wind and rain
- Crowds dancing, Kings Cross, Sydney