Located on the Ground Level
Crowds dancing, Kings Cross, Sydney
On VE Day Friend went in search of revelry, only to be disappointed. However, the following evening he found “an amazing scene”.
When I got home I made drawings of it … I’m afraid the war art people will loathe them. I guess they’ll dislike all my stuff: it’s probably destined to moulder for a century or so in the cellars until some subsequent war unearths it as antique bellicose curiosa or “a superb national heritage” or something.
- The sleeping soldier
- Battle of Arakan, 1943
- Recruit's Progress: Medical Inspection
- Potato Peelers
- Tocumwal - loading the train
- Dream of the latrine sitter
- A Bofors Gun, Algiers
- 2/10th Australian Commando Squadron: wash and clean up
- Smoko time with the AWLA
- Early Morning P.T.
- CWAC Beauty Parlor #1
Pegi Nicol MacLeod
- Ballet of wind and rain
- Crowds dancing, Kings Cross, Sydney