Located on the Ground Level
Battlefield burial of three NCOs
In a 1983 interview, Hele recollected:
My most moving event in New Guinea was with the 2/3rd [commando] mob and three of their NCOs that were killed and stretched out. I started drawing and it started to drizzle with rain and a couple of the other blokes, digging in madly, stopped and propped up a couple of sticks and put round a sheet over the top of me.
The men were keen for him to record the incident.
- Bomber crew
- Battlefield burial of three NCOs
- Tragic Landscape
- Japanese dead from suicide raid, Labuan
- A Child Bomb-Victim Receiving Penecillin Treatment
- Natives carrying wounded
- A Saline Bath, RAF Hospital
- Face Burns, Sgt James F. Gourley, RAF, 536215
- Bombed Out
- Wrecked Lodestar
- Bomber crash