Royal Australian Navy button

After Federation, the ships and resources of the separate colonial navies were united into a single national force, which was known from 1911 as the Royal Australian Navy.

These buttons initially had a “lazy anchor,” which meant that the anchor was situated at a 45 degree angle. After 1928, these buttons had a new design with an upright anchor. 

Return to Memorial Box 1 object list