Wartime Magazine Issue 12
1 min read
The fight for an Australian army
- Reflections by Steve Gower.
The Director of the Australian War Memorial discusses what’s happening at the Memorial
- Divided we stand by Craig Wilcox.
Birth of the Australian federal army
- A marvel and an inspiration by Nick Fletcher.
- Mackay's "Ringers" by Peter Burness.
Spirit of the bush
- Savige saviour by Ross Lloyd.
Heroism in the Persian desert
- Escape from Gallipoli by Ross McMullin.
Stealth and drip-rifle buy time for evacuation
- "One ilan man" by Vanessa Seekee.
The Torres Strait Light Infantry
- A bold risk by Peter Stanley.
The capture of Kaiapit
- Forgotten field by Stephen Wilks.
Jakarta war cemetery
- Battle of broken bridge by Benjamin Evans.
3RAR's dash into North Korea
- Sculptor of choice by Cristy Gilbert.
Ray Ewers' contributions to the Memorial
- Schrapnel cut short an exemplary career by Benjamin Evans.
Lieutenant Colonel C.H. Green (1919-1950)
- Plus regular features, including Reflections, Mail Call, and book reviews.