War Without Boundaries: the Battle Against Terrorism
- Reflections by Steve Gower.
The Director of the Australian War Memorial's comment
- War without boundaries by Peter Londey.
As the world changes and becomes even more dangerous, Australians have been fighting in a new kind of war.
- The Hook by Brad Manera.
Fifty years ago the last Australian action of the Korean War was fought.
- Pozières hell by Peter Burness.
The tragic story of Captain David Twining.
- ANZAC Day VC at Villers-Bretonneux by Brad Manera.
Two awards for bravery in a courageous counter-attack on 25 April 1918.
- Bare Back by Mike Cecil.
An old warhorse finds a home at the Memorial.
- Death in the minefield by Ashley Ekins.
Australia’s biggest blunder of the Vietnam War, the “barrier minefield”, resulted in distressing casualties.
- FSB role in ‘mini-Tet’ by Chris Clark.
The largest regimental-scale action involving Australians since the Second World War was staged in May 1968.
- A born horseman by Humphrey McQueen.
Tom Roberts’s portrait of Sergeant Fraser of the NSW Mounted Rifles.
- At the tip of the javelin by Ian Hodges.
Only the best were hand-picked for the Dam Busters aircrew and among them were several Australians.
- Geoffrey Mainwaring – war artist by Lee Kinsella.
One of Australia’s most prolific official war artists of the Second World War.
- The long tow home by Richard Pelvin.
HMAS Vendetta’s return to Australia after the fall of Singapore.
- Arnall’s folly by Chris Clark.
After an ill-fated bayonet charge, Australians resorted to subterranean warfare at Gallipoli.
- The first shot by Colin Jones.
Australia’s first shot of the Great War was fired against a German ship in Port Philip bay.
- The missing bodies by Tom Lewis.
Wild claims of thousands killed during the first Japanese raids on Darwin debunked.
- Silt Spur – anatomy of a demonstration by James Hurst.
Action on Gallipoli.
- Eyewitness: HMAS Australia to the rescue by Mackenzie Gregory.
An Australian sailor recalls the rescue of a downed Sunderland flying boat in the North Atlantic.
Newsletter of the Australian War Memorial ANZAC Foundation
- Plus regular features, including book reviews, letters and Memorial news.
Buy now $5.00 plus postage