The Western Front
- Reflections by Steve Gower.
The Director of the Australian War Memorial's comment
- Cowra breakout by Anne-Marie Condé.
60th anniversary of the only mass breakout of prisoners in the history of the British empire.
- Two soldiers and a Vickers gun by Brad Manera.
Two George Cross winners who died during the breakout.
- Australian officers in Normandy by John Jackson.
A small group of Australian officers went to observe the D-Day landings.
- The butcher of Fromelles by Ross McMullin.
Blustering incompetence was no barrier to promotion for one British commander.
- On the Western Front by Peter Cochrane.
A photo essay.
- Rebirth of a city damned by Carolyne Carter.
BCOF soldiers visit Hiroshima in 1947.
- Mesopotamian Half Flight by Ian Hodges.
Australian airmen in what is now southern Iraq in 1915.
- A chateau in France by Peter Burness.
Grand homes on the front line.
- Yeramba by Steve Gower and Mike Cecil.
The story of Australia’s only self-propelled gun.
- Tragedy at An Nhut by Elizabeth Stewart.
Three men killed by a mine in Vietnam.
- A war artist before his war by Craig Wilcox.
Arthur Streeton in London looks forward to the war.
- The greater ‘truth’ by Laura Back.
The art of commissioning sculpture.
- First in action by Colin Jones.
Australia’s first warship in the Maori wars.
- Observer at large by Peter Londey.
Keith Howard in UNTSO.
- Reflections on Rwanda by Garth Pratten.
Veterans recall their service on the 10th anniversary of Australia’s mission to Rwanda.
The path to Gallipoli.
- Plus regular features, including book reviews, letters and Memorial news.
Buy now $5.00 plus postage