The First Kamikaze Attack?
- Reflections by Steve Gower.
The Director of the Australian War Memorial's comment
- The battles of Boucaut Bay by Craig Wilcox.
Two years before the Second World War an Australian patrol boat opened fire on Japanese pearling luggers.
- The first Kamikaze attack? by Robert Nichols.
A surprise attack on HMAS Australia caused horrific injuries.
- And they didn’t live happily ever after by Jane Peek.
Violet Glover and the execution of her prisoner-of-war husband.
- Prisoner of steel by John Moremon.
The story of an Australian officer who survived torture by the Japanese.
- Assault on the Pimple by Phillip Bradley.
Fighting around Shaggy Ridge in December 1943.
- Buna attack by Chris Linke.
The 2/6th Independent Company in action.
- Operation Guidance by Ray Worledge.
A daring X-Craft raid on Bergen in April 1944.
- ‘Founder’ of the Australian War Museum by Peter Stanley.
The story of Ernie Bailey, Australian Salvage Corps.
- Sunken hopes by Eric Carpenter.
The torpedoing of the Southland.
- Death on the goldfields by Brad Manera.
150th anniversary of the Eureka Stockade.
- The seasons of battle by Peter Burness.
The role of weather on the Western Front 1916–18.
- Baptism of fire by Sharon Losik.
A lifeboat from MV Devanha used at the ANZAC landing.
- Independence Day at Hamel by Mitchell Yockelson.
Americans and Australians in action together at Hamel.
- Reconciliation at last by Brian Cleaver and Peter Phillips.
The search for a gravesite leads to the spirit of reconciliation among former enemies.
- Mrs Weir’s morning teas by Keiko Tamura.
Escaped Japanese prisoners of war after the Cowra breakout.
Keith Hooper’s experiences as a prisoner of war of the Germans.
- Plus regular features, including book reviews, letters and Memorial news.
Buy now $5.00 + postage