Gallipoli: Special 90th Anniversary Edition
- Reflections by Steve Gower.
The Director of the Australian War Memorial's comment
- Dawn of the legend by Peter Burness.
A new exhibition focusing on the first day at Gallipoli.
- Eyewitness: Bean’s first despatch
The Australian official correspondent reports from Gallipoli.
- Our first step toward Gallipoli by Craig Wilcox.
Fear of Japan was the real birth of ANZAC.
- The relevance of Australia by Chris Pugsley, Tim Travers, Tom Frame and Kenan Çelik.
Eminent historians respond to our question.
- Air war over Gallipoli by Chris Clark.
The role played by aircraft during the campaign.
- A mother’s pain by James Hurst.
The hidden cost of the Gallipoli landing.
- Gallipoli in art by Simon Forrester.
Paintings by Horace Moore-Jones & Sidney Nolan.
- Death in the Thracian Chersonese by Peter Londey.
The Gallipoli campaign saw fighting near ancient battlefields.
- The write support by Dianne Rutherford.
A young woman’s letters to prisoners of the Turks.
- Two seasons on Gallipoli by Peter Stanley & Brad Manera.
Two new films on the campaign.
- The virtual ANZAC Walk by Richard Reid.
A new walking trail takes Gallipoli visitors to all the major sites.
- Australia and Denmark in war by Peter Stanley.
Some surprising military connections between these two countries.
- Sandakan: the greatest attrocity by Peter Stanley.
Remembering the worst single atrocity suffered by Australians.
- Victory in Europe by Robert Nichols.
60th anniversary of VE Day.
- Witnesses to war by Katherine McMahon.
Official war artists and photographers in East Timor, Afghanistan, Iraq, and Solomon Islands.
- An antipodean adventure by Damien Fenton.
The occupation of German Samoa, August 1914.
- Plus regular features, including book reviews, letters and Memorial news.
Buy now $5.00 + postage