Wartime magazine issue 70
1 min read
Gallipoli - Marking the centenary edition
- Gallipoli: A desperate measure by Robert O’Neill.
Many of the problems on Gallipoli stemmed from Churchill’s decisions.
- Most secret by Rhys Crawley.
Was there allied intelligence for the Gallipoli expeditions?
- An Australian command failure by Chris Roberts.
The Anzac landing failed to seize opportunities.
- New Zealanders on Gallipoli by Christopher Pugsley.
Their contribution to fateful actions came at immense cost.
- The Gallipoli defence by Harvey Broadbent.
Turkish difficulties created opportunities that were missed by their enemy.
- Assault at Cape Helles by Bryn Hammond.
The British landings were also flawed.
- The French landing at Kum Kale. A diversionary operation protected some British landings at Cape Helles.
- Return to Gallipoli by Ken Inglis and Kate Ariotti.
The veterans of 1915 went back as pilgrims in 1965.
- Mortars on Gallipoli by Ashleigh Wadman.
Simple weapons made a difference….for a time.
- Thunderboxes & flies by Jennifer Selby.
Sanitation on Gallipoli.
- The other Gallipoli film by Daniel Eisenberg.
- The last post by Meleah Hampton. Private Thomas Anderson Whyte 1886-1915.
- Plus regular features, including book reviews, letters, and Memorial news.