Defending country: Indigenous service
- Why did they serve? by Mick Dodson and Siobhan McDonnell.
Facing entrenched discrimination, why did black diggers still enlist?
- The Fighting Gunditjmara by Lachlan Grant.
Indigenous people have fought for country and for nation, from frontier wars to world wars.
- Against the act by Philippa Scarlett.
It may have been illegal, but many Indigenous men fought for their country in the First World War.
- Under the Kaiser's crescent moon by Aaron Pegram.
Indigenous Australians in an unlikely prisoner-of-war camp.
- Identify and recognise by Michael Bell.
Discovering stories of Indigenous service.
- The Flying Bunyips by Garth O'Connell.
An American squadron that recognised the support of the Aboriginal community.
- Double Diamonds by Karl James.
Australia's first commandos.
- Charles Bean's vision realised by Ashley Ekins.
The shaping of the Australian War Memorial.
- Plus regular features, including Reflections, Mail Call, and book reviews.